Some important facts about the Legal Expenses policy are summarised below:
- Criminal Prosecution Defence - Legal expenses incurred in defending a prosecution brought directly against you in a Court of Criminal Jurisdiction.
- Personal Injury - Legal expenses incurred in pursuit of legal proceedings to recover damages for death of, or bodily injury to an insured person.
- Consumer Protection - Legal expenses incurred in disputes arising out of a contract for the purchase or hire of goods or services for private use or the sale or supply of privately owned goods provided that you have entered into the agreement or alleged agreement after the commencement of the first period of insurance and the amount in dispute exceeds £200.
- Uninsured Loss Recovery - Legal expenses incurred in connection with the pursuit of a claim for uninsured losses directly arising from a road traffic accident.
- Employment Disputes - Legal expenses incurred in disputes arising from or relating to your contract of employment as an employee (excluding directors service contracts). The insurer will also indemnify you for up to £250 in respect of form ET1 fees and £1000 in respect of tribunal listing fees. In the event that these fees are recovered from the defendant in any settlement or award order made by an employment tribunal you must repay these fees to the insurer.
The insurer will not be liable for:
- any deliberate act by an insured person
- clinical negligence or any illness naturally occurring condition or degenerative process, whcih develops gradually and is not caused by a specific sudden accident.
- any consumer claim under £200
- If successful and costs are recovered from an employment tribunal, the fees must be repaid to the insurer
- disputes arising during the first 30 days of the first period of insurance
- insured events reported more than 90 days after its time of occurrence
- any claims outwith the period of insurance
- claims made outwith the territorial limits
- claims arising from circumstances which occurred prior to inception of this policy
- causes of action intentionally brought about by you
- any claim which in our opinion or the appointed representatives opinion is believed not to have reasonable prospects of achieving the result for which legal proceedings are contemplated
If unsure, please refer to the policy document for guidance.
Helmet & Leather Insurance
The policy will cover:
This policy will provide up to £1500 towards the cost of the repairs or replacement of:
- Leather motorcycle clothing
- Motorcycle boots
- Motorcycle gloves
- Helmet and/or helmet visors
- Other motorcycle-specific jackets and trousers
Following damage caused as a result of a road traffic accident which occurs within the United Kingdom.
After we have settled a claim, we will not reduce the sum insured as long as you take any reasonable measures we may suggest to prevent further loss or damage. We will not charge any extra premium for maintaining the sum insured.
The insurer will not be liable for:
- The first £50.00 of any claim (the excess)
- Loss or theft of your motorcycle helmet and/or leathers
- Accidental damage other than that which occurs as a result of a road traffic accident
This policy will not cover any damage caused:
- Whilst your helmet and/or leathers were being used by another person
- From an accident which does not occur on a public road
- Where you use your motorcycle for business purposes
- Whilst you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- To items of clothing that are not motorcycle-specific (e.g. jeans, walking boots, rucksacks)
- To items of clothing where you are unable to provide proof of purchase