Substitute Vehicle Insurance
The policy will cover:
In the event that your vehicle is subject to:
- Theft or attempted theft or damage by fire, vandalism and it is rendered undriveable
- An accident and it is written off
- An accident and it is damaged so as to be undriveable but remains economically repairable
- You are aged 19 (nineteen) +
We will arrange and pay for a substitute vehicle to be supplied to you for up to 14 days.
The substitute vehicle will be delivered to you as soon as is practically possible and in any event within one working day or your report of an insured road traffic accident to us.
You may ask for substitute vehicle to be delivered to you at any convenient place within the territorial limits.
If at the time you report the insured incident to us, you advise us that you wish to opt for a monetary payment as an alternative to your entitlement to a substitute vehicle, we will pay you the sum of £150.00.
The insurer will not be liable for:
- Vehicle hire costs for claims arising out of more than two insured incidents in any one period of insurance.
- The supply of a substitute vehicle to any person who does not meet the hire firm’s standard terms and conditions of hire in force at the date when you report the insured incident to us.
- Vehicle hire costs incurred before our written acceptance of a claim or where the insured person arranges own hire.
- The supply of a substitute vehicle if you are a taxi driver, private hire vehicle driver, self-drive hire operator or motor trader unless the substitute vehicle is used solely for your own personal use.
- The supply of a substitute vehicle where the insured vehicle is used for racing, rallies or competitions.
- The supply of a substitute vehicle where there is any allegation that the insured road traffic accident arose at a time when the insured person had consumed alcohol or illegal drugs.
- The supply of a substitute vehicle where as a result of the incident you report to us, the insured vehicle is neither written off or rendered undriveable.