The Taxi Legal Expenses policy offers a unique product at a relatively low cost. Some important facts about the Taxi Legal Expenses policy are summarised below:
• Criminal Prosecution Defence - Legal expenses incurred in defending a prosecution brought directly against you in a Court of Criminal Jurisdiction.
• Personal Injury - Legal expenses incurred in pursuit of legal proceedings to recover damages for death of, or bodily injury to an insured person.
• Consumer Protection - Legal expenses incurred in disputes arising out of a contract for the purchase or hire of goods or services for private use or the sale or supply of privately owned goods provided that you have entered into the agreement or alleged agreement after the commencement of the first period of insurance and the amount in dispute exceeds £200.
• Uninsured Loss Recovery - Legal expenses incurred in connection with the pursuit of a claim for uninsured losses directly arising from a road traffic accident.
• Taxi Licence Protection - If you have any issues pertaining to your taxi licence with the local authority, we will arrange for you to discuss the issue with a Solicitor for professional help.
The insurer will not be liable for:
• any deliberate act by an insured person
• clinical negligence or any illness naturally occurring condition or degenerative process, whcih develops gradually and is not caused by a specific sudden accident.
• any consumer claim under £200
• If successful and costs are recovered from an employment tribunal, the fees must be repaid to the insurer
• disputes arising during the first 30 days of the first period of insurance
• insured events reported more than 90 days after its time of occurrence
• any claims outwith the period of insurance
• claims made outwith the territorial limits
• claims arising from circumstances which occurred prior to inception of this policy
• causes of action intentionally brought about by you
• any claim which in our opinion or the appointed representatives opinion is believed not to have reasonable prospects of achieving the result for which legal proceedings are contemplated
If unsure, please refer to the policy document for guidance.